View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 10:19 AM
Macybaby

I needed to take a break from my PP project, and found this pattern and figured it would be pretty simple to sew up. I drew it up in EQ8, but then decided I wanted to add chains to make it fill in some of the white space.

I sorted through what was left of my candi stash and came up with enough bolder colors for the 25 hearts that I needed. I sorted them out to get a good mix for each heart, as I had a lot of repeats of some of the fabrics. After I got that done, I had several piles of pastels left over. I got the idea of using them for the setting triangles, and it worked out that I had enough. At this point I wasn't really expecting much from this quilt other than it was using up lots of squares.

I sewed the setting triangles as 6x6 and cut them in half. (only needed 7 of them, 6 cut in half and one cut in quarters for the corners). Then I started working on the hearts. Got one done last night and was pretty happy with how it's turning out. The colors are somewhat limited as I'd already sorted out a lot for previous quilts, and this is what ended up left over.

Attached Thumbnails 20240222_113909.jpg   20240222_093319.jpg   20240222_113818.jpg