View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 10:47 PM
Fritzy

Default Board for ramp

Originally Posted by mtnwm View Post
I have a bit of a bad back and I am lifting my Bernina in and out of the car weekly for classes. I have it in a case but it is awkward to get in and out of the car and I keep hurting my back as I take my weekly courses. Does anyone have a creative technique to get the machine in and out of the car? Ive tried minimizing the case weight and I bought a 335 to minimize the weight from my heavier machines.
I have the same problem as you. My friend suggested getting a board that isn' t too heavy but sturdy enough to roll my sewing case down. I have an Expedition n the board I used was long enough to make a ramp not too steep n wide enough for my wheels to fit on it. It worked great but you do have to hang on to your machine when you roll it down so it doesn't get away from you. I have now been just putting my cords n other miscellaneous items I need in my case n just carry my machine in. I had to get a lighter machine too n this is working the best for me right now. Good luck! Maybe someone else will come up with another solution.

Fritzy