Old 03-02-2024, 03:38 PM
scott2hotty

Default Sterling vintage treadle

Hubby found your thread so I’m signed into his account to answer the thread comments. I’ve seen different brands of vintage machines in our area (Alberta Canada) selling for much more than $150; I’ve seen them ranging from $300 to $900.

I’m so impressed with the knowledge that you folks have on this forum, I spent hours last night going from one thread to another and watching videos, getting more information and just getting excited about my pending purchase. As well, hubby and I are very grateful for the speed with which you answered, it seems to be a thing of the past these days to have such helpful people willing to share their knowledge!

Since it sounds like this sterling machine might not be capable of sewing denim or leather, are there any recommendations? The leather that I use is not thick, it’s very pliable, just a little thicker than denim.

I would have posted a picture but I hadn’t studied the steps on posting pictures that had been provided. Suffice it to say that it looks almost exactly like #2 of the original thread reply.