View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 03:55 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by pamelor View Post
Hi Cindy, if you look at the candy (2.5-inch) square swap on this board (under "member swaps and round robins") there are lots of posts with links to ideas for 2.5 inch squares. Okay not 3-inch but same concept! You do have to do a bit of scrolling though.
I wish I were in your spot with scraps. I'm a new quilter, not much stash and fabric prices are getting high. So many people here with either too much stash, or the opposite problem, fabric budget being squeezed by inflation...
Wishing you a fun project with those little squares!
--Pam
That was my first thought. The Birthday Swap group posts lots of suggestions. Use any pattern that calls for 2.5" squares. You can either cut your 3"'s down to 2.5" or just use them as 3" and get a bigger quilt. Of course some patterns will need some adjustments to accommodate the larger size. But you know that.

The most simple would be to create a checker board quilt. Choose a color from your stash, purple, cheddar, black, turquoise or what ever to use as your alternate block and go for it. You will soon create an interesting donation quilt, utility quilt or a picnic quilt. Enjoy your abundance.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-09-2024 at 04:07 AM.