View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 02:12 PM
Rosyhf

Default String Scrap Quilt

This is my first quilt for 2024 and since the last time I posted a quilt about 3 years ago? I have fallen in love with quilt as you go, since I have sold my long arm. I am only going to make 60x60 inch quits from now on and they will be QAYG. I am not using batting, I am using flannel. I live in Florida, it's hot here.

With the String Quilt, I cut the backing of flannel at 14 ins. I sewed the stings on and then cut at 13.5. When I sewed the blocks together, I sewed a seam of one ins, so the block ended up at 12.5. As soon as I finished sewing two blocks together, I top stitched the seams and so on. When I sewed two rows together, I top stitched that whole row. When I finished with the last row, The quilt is done and just the binding remains.

The binding I cut at 2.5, ironed down the middle and ironed 1/4 ins up on each side. I sewed the back and front of the binding at the same time, it worked out nice. I like that you can see the same colors in back as there are in the front. I pinked the edges of the seams but from now on I will serge them, it will be so much easier.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-quilt.jpg   quilt-quilt-forum.jpg