Old 03-15-2024, 07:25 AM
Iceblossom

Hey all -- thanks Heather for hosting. It's good for me to have a little motivation via the VQWs. Before my move and packing/unpacking I used to sew basically every day. LOL, that's not what is happening now. My lack of motivation and laissez faire attitude have been compounded by machine issues. But today is a new day and a new VQW and I seem to be motivated enough for some sewing!

I am finally putting on the borders to my Bonnie Hunter quilt, they have been done for at least a month now and just needed to be attached. Been working on putting the the two narrow inner borders today. I wanted to put on all three borders at once using miters in the corners but was hesitating so will just do the two inner borders in one round first and then the outer border as another, square butted because of the way it was pieced. So far I have two sides on and have pinned the third but wanted a coffee break so came here.

After that I have my Christmas String quilt borders to put on. The inner border is cut to size and most of string pieced borders are done, I will have to put on a couple more pieces on each side to make them miter correctly.

If I can keep my motivation going through the weekend, I bought a shelving unit to put in the closets I had built for my totes of fabric. That needs to be assembled and then I can put the fabric away while doing some organization and looking for the next project... haven't decided... one of the ladies in my sewing group is looking for an easy baby quilt for a friend's grandchild and I have what I think is a really good panel for that to also look for.