Old 03-17-2024, 02:17 PM
Dedemac

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I finally got a quilt on my long arm, did one pass with what I thought was good tension and discovered it was all eye lashes underneath.Grrrr.....So, I'm off to pull all of that out this morning and start again. I hope to get it quilted today.Watson
Relax and put on some nice music and grab a glass of wine or something and frog it. You only did one pass not the whole quilt.

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Had a nice and productive day yesterday. Got the borders for the Bonnie Hunter top on, I had been deciding which way to put the outer triangles and eventually went with Bonnie's design. So before I put on the outer border I had to stay stitch the outside edge of that. It all went quite smoothly.

Today I will be working on putting on the Christmas String borders. I will have to add a few pieces (already cut, some already in duos) for the mitered ends. When I was making this I cut a lot of pieces that were just a bit too small to go in the spider webs, so I decided to add them to the border. The skews and slants are deliberate, I considered straight piano keys but decided to go more stringy.
It has been fun watching the Christmas string quilt grow and I have also followed the BH thread and watched all the progress. You are a better quilter than me to tackle all the bias pieces on her quilts, too many small pieces for me.

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Well, I hope I can post--the electricity is going in and out! Thunder and lightning, oh my. At least I already made coffee.
Yesterday, I found a wide back for the finished nautilus shell quilt, but it was only 66 inches! I'm sure I would have ordered at least 2 yards. Q finished at 72 by85 ish. Found another suitable piece and placed it in the dryer to smooth out creases before ironing it today.
The pics show the first block for the latest Pink Shell quilt. Gotta start somewhere! And I organized and labeled the fabrics in order to follow the cross stitch pattern.
aashley333 I would be able to do the cross stitch pattern but I think I would be overwhelmed with the seam allowances in the pixel quilt You go girl!!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Time to re-evaluate my list.

1. Make blocks for a quilt that I have been procrastinating about finishing. I have 68 blocks to make all curves and tried to cut ten blocks yesterday. Nope, to hard on my hands. Dropping down to cutting five and finish five.
2. Label on a quilt.
3. Finish some Boom Blocks. One more finished and 5 laid out to conqueror today! Off I go!
4. Sandwich a finished top - Not happening. The place where I go to layer my quilts told me yesterday that the spray bothered some of people in the quilting group with asthma and that I could not use spray baste. So sad. The site has moveable tables that make layering easy. Will have to investigate reserving a room for an hour now and again so I can use the facility but not harm others.
Not Re-evaluate - Change in direction!

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Finished quilting and trimming the kitty quilt, it now needs a binding and quilt label. So happy to have one of the projects off my list for this VQW. The blocks were made by everyone in the Boom 30 swap, they did a fabulous job making the blocks.
Love the way you set the blocks, it add so much to the whole quilt and each block.

Sewbizgirl-- Awesome finishes

It's been a nice quiet afternoon here. DH has been off with the church high school group and I just started the corned beef in the pressure cooker, I warned him that when he left the living room would have a fabric explosion! I kept it to just the dining room table, when he left I grabbed the box of Pieced Squares" and decided to sort them and see if anything would work with the blocks from yesterday. Found a few but also found a few other abandoned block projects. These were just HST's not trimmed or squared. the red and tan and the smaller 4 patch block are 2.5 square. I've found and also set up 4 place mats that should match the table runner I made for a friend in 2020. Just have to finish squaring up all the HST's Happy sewing every one.
I enjoy doing miniatures.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0620c.jpg