View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 10:29 AM
Iceblossom

Got the borders on my Christmas String quilt. This was an all stash except for a planned buy on the white-on-white Holly print.

Now I need to decide my next project... I have a few things kitted up (if I can find them) or maybe inspiration will strike. Before I left the Seattle area, I asked my quilt group to make house blocks for me, I also have a set from closer to Y2K and an internet group I was in -- I think about (12) 12" blocks. Most of the blocks are embellished and they will need some trimming/borders put on to make them correct to size. I'm thinking of sashing them with bars of colors from dark underground to dirt brown, to green with florals and animals, to blue sky and birds. Still have a lot of light blues out from the Bonnie Hunter project.

I also have a bunch of slippery mostly poly hawaiian blends, some with textures that aren't as heavy as bark cloth. Was thinking of making large L shapes of (3) 2" wide logs for a wild and mod couch quilt. It is hard to deal with the slippery polys after so many years of cotton but it should be fun, fast and easy.

And then who knows what might inspire me as I poke around and if I do find my kits.

PS: boo to people who with stray comments harsh our enjoyment for whatever the hobby or reason...
Attached Thumbnails christmas-string.jpg