View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 04:25 PM
Heathermom2opmc

Hi Everyone, I haven't left very many posts, but I have loved to read what everyone is doing. I am not one to typically air my troubles or laundry, as the saying goes, so I tend to just stay quiet. I am okay.....but just have been dealing with so much within my family and my college aged children. We have 4 children....... My oldest son got notified that he along with 2000 upperclassman will not have guaranteed on campus housing for his jr year (next year). He attends a college clear across the country from us. So we have been trying to figure out what to do, how much we can afford for off campus etc. A huge headache that should not be happening since it is due to the over enrollment of the college, which of course they are bragging about. My oldest daughter lives off campus due to personal and medical reasons, and she was looking for a 1 bedroom apt for her last semester which will be Fall 2024 (she is graduating a semester early). Well all was good until the rental agent/management demanded personal health information to complete the lease. When we refused to give out the information for privacy reasons, she was told that the apartment was no longer available to her. So that sent her into a frenzy. We think her current landlord has something that will work for her, despite it originally being a 2 bed. My husband had to get a new to him/us truck bc his truck of 16 years needed major mechanical fixing.......we do not like car shopping. And we are continuing to try different medications for one of our kitties that has significant health issues. Soooooooo, I haven't been able to do much sewing at all. I did use a scrappy top that I had made to clean up some of my scrap bucket. I took the top and sandwiched it with a Walmart cheap fleece blanket, thrift shop sheet, and created a back seat protector for his "new" truck. He loves looking in the mirror and seeing something that I made. I was lucky bc one of the seams lined up perfectly with the area for the seat belts, so I can always repair it, patch the back and its a regular large lap scrappy quilt if it isn't needed in the truck anymore. So that's been my very stressful month of things, plus my other 2 children's busy school life. Sorry so long.