View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 05:17 AM
WMUTeach

Wow a number of our group are in the time of life that brings on a renewal of "family stress". A new stage, a new time for our family, and new tasks and responsibilities that we lovingly and willingly take on. I recall vividly making the decision to move my father from his home to assisted living then up pops hospice. You are wise to begin the home cleaning and sorting now while you have the drive and focus. My brother and I did that and so we could be attentive and enjoy the final 18 months at out father's side.

Pamelor, I like your hexes. They are so neat and precise. I keep saying I should give them a try but, well then another quilt jumps under my needle and away I go. I have started doing some wool applique, but it has not stolen my heart like piecing quilts and donating them to Project Linus or others who need a warm hug.

Quossum, it sounds like even in the middle of you life business you are "on it" and will be ready for the rest of the swapping year. Take a breath now and again and enjoy the days you have at hand, while walking through your hecticness and stress.

So nice to catch up with everyone this month. Glad those packages are diving in to the mailboxes. Keep in mind that our first birthday swapper is out of town right now, so we will not likely get messages about packages received until she returns home from her visit with family. In other words, don't get anxious. I am sure she will be "on it" when she returns home.