Old 04-02-2024, 05:31 AM
WMUTeach

Good Friday services at Church, sunrise service on Easter morning then church at 10:00AM. Baskets with candy eggs and a real duckling that was stuffed. Weird now to think about, but I loved my ducklings. We always had ham that came in a can. My mom decorated it with pineapple rings on the top and pierced the ham with cloves. She always made a jello ring with pineapple, maraschino cherries and little cream cheese balls rolled in nuts buried in the lemon jello. While dinner was cooking there was lots of silliness and giggling trying to keep my father out of my Easter basket. He would steal all of the black jelly beans from me and my brother. Nothing else just the black ones. It was OK, I didn't like them anyway. Since his death, my brother and I will toast his memory with black jelly beans each Easter and make sure to tell the story to any one who will listen about why we click jelly beans and giggle and hug. Oh, yes, I always had a new dress for Easter, often white gloves and new white socks. The things I remember! New socks! Tee-Hee-Hee.