Old 04-18-2024, 06:21 AM
Iceblossom

Thanks for hosting and the early start!

I'm finishing up the blocks to quilt I'm calling "Tropical Eclipse: Eye Protection Required" made up of very bright, glaring even, tropical prints. The fabrics are largely textured, some are cotton light weight barkcloth -- others are blends with more of a crepe texture. It is sure hard to work with slippery fabrics after all these years of pure cottons. Anyway, it amuses me and will be a casual heavy use on the covered porch and dogs allowed and such... I'll get a picture of a block layout at least this VQW.

The other thing is I bought a used long arm last weekend (no robotics but set up for pantos and lots and lots of those and other extras included), several hours from home. Yay me, I've been wanting one for about 20+ years now but simply did not have the space or budget in the old house. Part of the move requirements was that I would have a room big enough and at least some budget for one. I had asked some questions about the frame and didn't get very good replies... it is a professional grade frame with electronic hydraulic lifts and heavy as all get out. My optimistic estimate of 2 hours for take down was more like 5-6?? and with the 3 hour drive each way, we left at 7:30 AM and got home at 9:00 PM. Hopefully we can start putting it back together this weekend.