View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Sheila Elaine

I noticed many of you have re-injured your original injury or medical problem & have had repeated surgeries. Also, some have several joints/injuries & it makes it rough to do most anything. Prob the most missed part of our days is in our sewing rooms/areas & the time we're used to getting to plan & make quilts & lots of other things. Please add me & others to your prayer lists. I had back surgery in 98 & have re-injured it several times. The last time was not long before my bilateral total knee replacements in 09. I had a couple of pretty good weeks, then the back problems has thrown me way behind. If there are any of you who have worked yourself into a frenzy forever, you know what I'm talking about with pain & anxiety from trying to adjust to a slower pace of living. It is so frustrating to look at the stacks & boxes of fabric I have on a table, bookshelves & in stacked plastic containers. I'm determined though not to have another back surgery, unless it's absolutely necessary. I know people who have hardware in their backs & that has to be so devastating. I empathize with any & all of you here on the Board, who are in pain. Stay strong, we'll get through it together.