View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
I've gotten frustrated with some of my mag subsc. too. I've had some for years & years - but seems in the last few yrs the problems have multiplied. I've gotten duplicate issues AND duplicate bills. I didn't get my bonus booklets when I renewed with F&P either. It took multiple calls to finally get them, they REALLY need to update their website & services !!
I just read my new F&P issue this weekend and it had a WOMENS CLOTHING AD booklet stuck in the middle. I don't subscribe to a QUILT mag to see clothing ads !! If I want to shop for clothes, I'll go to the store. I want to see QUILTS in my quilt magazines. Did this BOTHER anybody else or just me ??
Also, I thought the issue just wasn't very good. Didn't see one pattern I even liked. Seems like even they have gone to mostly fabric co/ designer projects, like Fabric Trends mag & The Quilter. I don't think I'll be renewing F&P again. :(
I didn't care for the clothing thing in the magazine but I'm sure it's an economical thing. They probably got good money for letting it be put in there. I think I subscribe to a couple of magazines for about the same reason I still take classes and go to BOM meetings---It's for the interaction and to keep up on new trends, to see new fabrics, and cabbage onto new ideas. Even though they don't seem to have too much that's new in the way of different blocks they do seem to have a new idea of how to use them once in awhile. I also use them to get websites for quilting products. BTW I ordered some Hickory Nut templates from Hickory Hill fabric store (see Eddie's tutorial on using them) last Thursday and received them today. FAST service. Can't wait to try them.