View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by Shelia
When our local Walmart discontinued the fabric department I yanked our prescriptions out (we have 8 maintenance Rxs that are filled monthly) and started coupon shopping. I now buy groceries at Bi-Lo and Publix and we have more food for less money! Although I hate WalMart for discontinuing their fabric, I am better satisfied with the service at a regular drug store and we are spending much less on better quality and more food. I guess I found the silver lining! Now, if for some reason I HAVE to go to WalMart, it feels weird, like "why did I ever shop here????"
Sheila,

I think you should send a letter to Wal-Mart and tell them why you left, and how you are now saving more at other locations. Be really specific about it ("... and we now save over $100/month by buying groceries here....and we save $28/month by getting our prescriptions filled here...", etc. If someone at Wal-Mart does a little bit of math, and figures you are the average shopper who left, and you represent, say, 50 people, multiply those dollars they no longer get x 50 and they will be surprised.

Sam Walton had a good idea to begin with. He lived the American Dream. But, like all good things, people who had college degrees (and likely no common sense) were hired and they have ruined a lot of the good things he did.

JMHO.