View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Edie

OK, I don't wash fat quarters. I wash backing, sashing and borders, but not the fat quarters. Have been quilting since 1997 and have never, ever had a problem. Just went to JoAnn's yesterday and our new store had in a whole new supply of fats and I ended up buying 36 of them. I like to make Samplers and they are perfect for that. I just take the packages apart, refold and iron. I trade fabrics with family and friends and get bits and pieces for my quilts and never wash those either.

I so enjoy reading these confabs. I do learn so much here. I have a neighbor friend who is just starting out (I am helping her) and guided her to the Quilting Board and told her that if ever she needs any info, this is the place to go to!

I think the sun is supposed to come out today. Getting an estimate on how much the ceiling and wallpaper are going to cost today (ice dam-age!) and have to take the car down to find out what is making it clunk - probably something loose from the potholes! Have a good day! Edie