View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by The Babe
Do any of you use a revolving rotary cutting mat? I would be interested in knowing if you like them; what size is best and any other opinions involving this item. They seem to be expensive but it looks like they would be very useful. I would appreciate any and all comments. Thank you. Dixie in AL
I have a 12" Olfa that I asked for and got for Christmas the first year they came out. It probably was kind of pricey, but it was a gift from DH. I love it and have wondered how something so simple could have taken "them" so long to invent. I realize now that any person with a little knowledge of simple tools could easily make one. Of course that would not be me. Once at an NQA show in Columbus I saw a man demonstrating his, slightly different, one. It was wonderful, but extremely expensive. Anyhow, I'm glad I have mine, I use it quite often, and keep it right beside my machine along with my small rotary cutter. It's a great combo of tools for a "little quilt" maker. It's also good to use when squaring up your smaller than huge blocks. I vote that you get one. You'll find it to be very handy, in my opinion.