Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
BrendaB

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
This quilt is a total disappointment. It's not what I had envisioned at all. It's had every kind of problem you can imagine and I'm just so glad it's done. I feel terrible because it was supposed to be for my husband, but I told him I will make him a better one soon. Of course he assures me that this one is great and he loves it, but I know better. He can't fool me. :) (I made him this one because shortly after he bought me my new Bernina he asked if I would make him a "Texas quilt". He didn't give me any ideas of what he wanted, just something to do with Texas. He was born and raised in East Texas and is still a Texan at heart.)

It's waaaaay bigger than I wanted but that's my own fault. I bought the pattern from a lady over the phone and she just mentioned if I wanted it to be quilt size (not wall hanging size) I should make the squares 4 1/2". Did I bother I compute how big that would make this quilt though? Noooooo. :P I had planned some borders but after getting just the squares done, I decided against the borders, even though it would look better with them.
I can see why your husband said he likes the quilt. It's gorgeous! It may not be what you envisioned, but it might be way better then he was expecting. Give yourself a pat on the back. You did a wonderful job and can be proud of that beautiful quilt. :-)