Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Thank you, Rhonda! I enjoyed this helpful hint! I've never basted prior to sewing before and love that herringbone stitch. Is that easy to do by hand really?? I found my Dresden Plates yesterday I had done when I first started sewing. I hadn't seen them in ages. In fact, I had forgotten totally about doing them! I was pleasantly surprised to see how well they looked for a newbie! Now I want to finish it. Looks like they were M zz down and centers need to be finished appl. I can tell I need to find an acc. pattern for the ctr so they are all equal in size. That looks like my only booboo on them although they weren't finished so I'm sure they would have come out equal had I finished them. lol. :D :D
The herringbone is like making a z over and over again and overlapping them. It is a bit like doing a crossstitch. Take a stitch on the bottom and then take a stitch on the top to the rt of the last one and keep alternating a stitch on the bottom and then on the top and it will go pretty quickly.

Does this make sense? These pics were taken with my old camera and are a bit fuzzy. sorry about that!

Herringbone stitch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52234[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52175.jpe   attachment-52234.jpe