Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Thank you sooo much, Rhonda, for showing me that "z" making stitch called herringbone! You made it look simple! I'll have to try that some time by hand and also will try basting my blades of Dresden before stitching it down. I had never heard of anyone doing the herringbone by hand in quilting with it being so easy on the machine to do.

:-D :-D
I do struggle a bit at times keeping my tension and spacing even but I do the same thing with crocheting too. My tension is always off! That's why I don't do alot of crocheting. So if you watch your spacing placing your stitches evenly then it looks really good! But I tend to start out one width and by the time I get back to where I had started my width is usually smaller! LOL It isn't usually too noticable tho thank goodness!
I have a 1950 reproduction of an 1850 Singer and it only has one stitch. No frills! LOL And since crewel and embroidery is what I learned to do first when I was 18 I have always been partial to embroidery work. It is the only hand work I do now but I do it as embellishment to my quilting. ie: the dresden ks