Thread: bargello tute
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Barb_MO

Sorry you had to read and read again.

Answer to # 1 question....Well when you cut the (20) 3 1/2" that doesn't come up to 72" (only 70). No wonder I am confusing you. When you make two strip sets you will have 80+ inches to cut those 3 1/2 in strips from, so you will have a little left over. Put those aside and use those where I said you would need to get some cuts from left overs, or in case the ruler slips and you need to do another.

Answer to #2 questions: The strips sets will measure whatever the width of your shortest fabric. Since the fabric widths vary, sometimes they are 40-41 inches of usable fabric after cutting off the selvage.

Originally Posted by colleen53
you are the bomb barb... you are right there with the answers.. and i am learning as we go.. you are doing fine.. please keep going and be patient with all of us.. i read that all day long and reread it.. read it to hubby and he said he didn't know either....lol. i didn't think he would.. yes i knew about the seam pressing..i have learned some things along the way and if i don't know it i try to research it before bugging someone... i will finish sewing my strips tomorrow and then i will ask more questions...
thank you so much for teaching me this technique...

here is a question i have:
1. when it says i need 72 inches .. what does that mean?
2. what is the exact measurement of a panel?