Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 PM
nursie76

Originally Posted by SusanS
I finally was able to take my machine in and the spring on the BSR was replaced and this immediately fixed my problem. I got the impression that this may be a recently recurring issue on newer bsr feet. when mine wasn't working properly, and I was determined to finish my quilt, I went ahead without the BSR and quilted free-motion on my own. It came out surprisingly well. Of course, I better not admit that to my "better half" after explaining to him how important the BSR feature was!

Thanks to everyone for suggestions and responding.
I am so glad that your problem has been solved. I understand where you are coming from about maybe not needing the BSR as much now. I have spoken to a lot of Bernina owners and many agree that the BSR gives one the confidence and nerve to try FMQ and then eventually it isn't needed as much if at all....kinda like training wheels! ;) I know I never would have had the nerve to try FMQ with out it....and am just not ready to take the training wheels off yet, although I did do some FMQ on some demo longarms at the quilt show and didn't do too awfully bad 8-)