View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Phyl

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
nah I haven't - 'see them advertised all the time - so wanna go badly and was wondering how many of YOU have been on one - Was it Fun? Who was the guest? What did you learn??
I went on one a couple of years ago(to the Caribbean) with a quilting friend of mine. We loved it! It was arranged by SEW MANY PLACES, Jim West's company. (sewmanyplaces.com) Helen Squire, from AQS was our leader. She was great! We had three classes, all done while we were at sea in lovely rooms. Two of the three classes were machine classes and Singer had each of the rooms equipped with 35 brand new machines. They sent a few representatives along so there was never a problem.
We ate early dinner and had the choice of doing whatever we wanted on board or going to the sewing rooms to catch up on our classwork. Most of us went to the sewing rooms as we were having a great time with each other! We laughed and helped each other. As a matter of fact, my friend and I are going again in January with Mary Englebrite! She is the creator of that great fabric that has the little girl on it with the sayings such as "It's GREAT to be Queen!"
In each port, we enjoyed the stop and looked for fabric shops, of course!
Go to the website...SoManyPlaces.com and see a variety of trips, all over the world. The travel is great and the people devine. If I could afford to go all over with quilters, life would be TOOOOOOO good! (Out of 100, 96 were quilters, mostly women but a few men as well as 4 spouses. And, of course, the spouses won the Singer sewing machines!!) Yes, if you found a machine out of the new machines on board, that you liked, you could buy it when we got back to Ft.Lauderdale, Florida, for almost $300. less than absolutely new! I can't wait to go again. Post it if you do go! (The instructors included Kimberly Eino, a lovely and talented woman who has invented great rulers, written several quillting books, and knows how to teach!)