View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
ruacajun2

I went on one out of Galveston, Tx. Royal Carribean. Went with one of our local Quilt shops -- Quilter's Emporium. Robin Pandolph was one of our Guest speakers along with Paul Barnes and a few local quilt teachers. We signed up for various classes that were offered during the time the ship was cruising. You had a choice to go on shore at each destination or stay in and sew. All the Janome sewing machines were set up on the ship. You did not bring your own. The classes were great -- learned a lot of techniques and even bought my Janome Embrodiery Machine on this cruise. This quilt shop is actually on their way back to Galveston from another cruise. I believe they sponser two a year. This one is the big one. We had right at 100 quilters and I think they were close to this amount of quilters on this trip. The other one is during the summer. I don't think this one is as big. Because the quilt shop is a Janome dealer she is able to sell all these brand new machines at used/discount prices. If you are looking for a Janome this would be a great deal. All the machines come with the same warranty as a brand new one. I would love to go on an Alaskan cruise. Maybe when the kids graduate from high school.