Thread: bargello tute
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Barb_MO

Since we have already talked about cutting the strips and sewing them into sets. Before I go on to adding the new message thread for cutting strip sets & sewing them together, I wanted to add a couple more things here.

Some of the things I have told you to do may seem elementary to you....you have already done lots of strip piecing and ironing your seams. You have chained pieced many quilts, so have I. With 11 fabrics and 11 strips from each, you have to developer a method so you will not make the mistake of picking up two strips and sewing them together on the wrong side...say getting fab #1 on the left and #11 on the right when it should have been the opposite. Or sewing half your quilt together and find that you left out a fabric in your strip set.
Or, cutting all your set that should have been 3" you cut them 3 1/2" because you didn't have you note on them telling what size to cut.

I've done all these things.

Next message, with pictures, I'm going to recap the process of getting your strips ready to make your strips sets, and sewing those together and ironing them.