Thread: work or no work
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Sewnique

I too work part time. I teach nursing at the local community college. I teach 2 weekends a month this semester. I have 17 students and it will end this weekend. Woo Hoo! Oops, sorry! I do enjoy my work, I do the psych part, which everyone dreads! I am mentally exhausted after the day but, I remember I am almost through this semester and will have the summer off. I teach a sewing class at my church 2 Saturdays a month. The past 3 years I did my BSN and MSN and was tied up with that doing projects and seminars and practium hours. But, that is over now and none too soon. My husband has retired but, stays with his Mom 2 nights a week. Those are my time to be alone with my sewing. I make dolls and purses and scrubs and quilts and other crafty projects. I have a large sewing room and best of all it has a door. If I want to close the doors and walk out and leave my mess as is and ready to pick up whenever, I do! My husband bought me a new Brother, Disney embroidery machine for Christmas about 4 years ago and I plan on getting aquainted with it this summer! So, I sew whenever I get a few minutes in between grading nursing packets. I do not have to do much housework, it is just me and the hubby and he pulls his share of it too. He will cook, wash dishes, run the sweeper but, no laundry! I spend an extra amount of time on this board learning tips and tricks of the trade from the others that sew as well.