Thread: work or no work
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by Teacup
I work fulltime and commute 50 minutes each way. My job is salaried rather than hourly so a lot of days I put in well over 8 hours. I'm brain-dead when I get home and have found that's not a good combination with the precision of quilting, especially accurate cutting! So I get online and spend time here looking at what everyone else is doing, and think, "some day, I'll be able to do things like that!" My sewing is limited to some weekend time when I can work it in. So I don't produce much, but I love all things quilted.
isn't being salaried wonderful (??) i am salaried also, and have worked a couple doubles in the last week. i also sew primarily on the weekends, and try not to be too caught up in the amount of stuff i get done, but how well i do it...

it also helps to have very good & patient recipients... i recently mailed my oldest & best friend's christmas (09) gift out, it was a small wallhanging. she called me to tell me she loved it, and how nice it was to get a christmas present in april, so the season is extended...