View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
stitchfancy

I just recently got this same setup. And, I am having a problem right now with the upper thread breaking after a few stitches. Changing to a different thread is on my list to try. I read somewhere else that Guterman was a good choice. I also read somewhere that it would be possible and very easy to do, just to remove the feed dogs totally since the are not used with the quilting frame. Might try that.

I bought mine online also. Only I bought my seperately in order to get a better price.

stitchfancy

Originally Posted by fish92241
I have a Janome 1600P machine now 1-1/2 yrs. old on a Gracie quilt frame that I ordered online as a package because no one locally carried it. I had a lot of trouble with top thread breaking, but now I finally found a thread it likes (Guterman). It will sew all right with the straight stitch, but when I put on the free motion foot with the thick plate to cover feed dogs, it fails to pick up the bobbin thread. It just keeps sewing and makes no stitches. Janome will not help me--says take it to a dealer at my own expense since I bought it online. First, does anyone have any advice that I can try myself--anyone ever had this trouble? Appreciate anything you can offer.