Old 04-20-2010, 04:10 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

since i collect santas i have to do this one...a few years ago i participated in a santa block swap, all different sizes they were so wonderful!!! i made the quilt, it turned out so great...boy i loved that quilt...
my younger sister was working in a care facility and came to me with a request...she would trade me the quilt she had just made (her first/only quilt she's made) for the santa quilt...she wanted to give it to a resident for christmas who had no family, had not had a single visitor in over a year and way just a sweet little lady...i made the trade...
my sister wrapped up the quilt with nothing on it but to...and from santa...and put it under the tree.
christmas morning when said resident was sitting there watching every one open their gifts she was sure there would be no packages for her but that was ok...when 'santa' handed her the box she teared up and opened it excitedly...
she laughed, she cried, she new (said for 90 years she never quit believing) there really is a santa!!! she loved the quilt (boy i loved that quilt) and would not let it go to laundry or let it out of her site. when she wasn't in bed it was on her lap...she held that quilt tight for almost 2 years before she passed away...it covered her in her coffin...
i have no picture of the quilt...TAKE PICTURES PEOPLE...
but i fondly remember it...it was my first time putting together blocks that were different sizes, there were lots of firsts... but it wasn't meant to be mine...
so, long story i know, but i better do this swap and make my self a santa quilt.........