View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Mary Ellen

By asking the questions I find mind boggling, I just know from experience that others were wondering the same thing, and just too afraid of sounding dumb or ignorant to ask them...so being the bold one, I am not afraid to sound dumb or ignorant..that is how I learn...from others who have trod this trail before me, from my mistakes as well as the mistakes of others...

As for the horses, even though I am disabled, the horses can come to my bedroom door, as that leads to their main pasture and their barn. They know how to knock on the steel door with their hooves, and even open the "thumb set" door knob with their mouths if I forget to put the deadbolt on...

Living in Florida, they drink a lot of water. Just came and gave me a break letting me know they had used up all their water...
my 9 year old grandson keeps wondering how I learned to speak horse...LOL
Grew up on a farm. They are smart enough to know to just keep trying and we will figure it out, and sometimes they are even smart enough to know if they paw at the ground and winnie, sort of like in the old Lassie shows...I will follow them, and solve the issue of distress.

So even if I was not at a pre-designed stopping place, they give me a reason to take a break. I only have resuce horses...and they are so grateful to no longer be in need of rescue, they behave exceptionally well...and treat me as if I were the foal they need to protect. :-)

Thanks for the sewing project mini lesson...
for some, like my youngest DD, to read is not to understand or visualize...so would you mind going an extra mile or ten, the next time to tackle a complicated design...and use your digital camera to take photos of the stages, post to your project in order, so we can see the stages, step by step, the computer print out and the completed top?

Bold of purpose, assertive with good intent and need, often opens doors that many can enter and enjoy.

Thank you for being generous of mind and thought...sharing how you got through that complicated process.