Old 04-25-2010, 05:57 PM
suzeq

Sounds to me like someone needs to do some downsizing. I use one of our bedrooms, but still have to keep the bed ready to sleep in. All of the children come about once a year to "do corn" from the "field" so DH says bed must stay up. I don't mind much, because I have a large piece of 1/4" plywood on it, then my large cutting mat. The bed is high off the floor, just the right height for old freezer baskets to slide under. Still, in order not to "hoard" I recently had a clutter removal week. I first got all my books down and decided which ones I did not need. A lot of info was duplicated in others. So, they departed the premises. Also, I had a lot of "some day" stuff that was over mellowed and beginning to stink. Out it went. You get my drift. I only have a 185 Bernina, a Bernina serger and Mom's 1950ish Necchi set up. A Bernina Nova is sitting in the closet for classes. Also, destashed the fabric. At least now with shelving on the wall, an amoiur (sp?)floor to ceiling and a nice sized closet, I can shut things away when the bed is needed. The bed is high enough that it is a good level for cutting, squaring, etc. This is my solution. Since we do not use the living/dining room, I have asked DH to let me either move the bed in there or the sewing in there. I'd prefer the bed moved. He said "no". End of discussion. I certainly didn't get him trained right. Good luck. Silvia