Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Roben

Originally Posted by memathomas
what machine did you get and what frame ?? i an interested in the 26 inch because i have a janome and a new joy frame i get apox 5 in of quilting space and that drives me nuts. i can't so very much in the way of sp designs on the quilt i run out of room any i know i can spend no more than 10,000.00 so i want to make sure im happy with it i have been researching for 2 years and still do not know enough or what to ask but im learning

thank you for your help

memathomas
I decided on a Tin Lizzie 18LS - an 18 inch machine (16" of quilting space, a little less as you get to the end of a quilt but plenty big enough to do a 12" block) with a stitch regulator , laser (for pantographs), and the Gracie frame. I've played with the one my dealer has, and have done quilts on it - overall I was pleased with the machine. The frame is solid, the machine moves smoothly and the stitch regulator does a nice job. The price point was something I could live with, which is important to me right now (hubby was recently diagnosed with a rare cancer and we're not sure what all that means just yet.) I wanted something that wouldn't restrict me size-wise, capability-wise or price-wise - and Lizzie fit that for me.

I looked at the 26" machines, but my arms aren't that long! :oops: :lol: