Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come >

OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come

OK, OK, OK...WW, Here I Come

Old 01-26-2022, 12:27 PM

A recipe low calorie dish for two servings that I use a lot. Save half of it for two meals.

2 of the thin cut pork chops that are slice about 1/4 of an inch (I don't know if these are available widely. I get mine at Vons.)
1/2 of an onion cut in about 1" pieces
1 apple peeled and cored (I like to use Golden Delicious as they cook faster)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon oil
This part takes a while to cook as the onion will burn if you use too high of heat. Pour the oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook until brown turning often so that they don't burn. If they need help browning, add a teaspoon of butter.

After the onion is browning up nicely, add the apple on top, Keep pan covered. Stir frequently.
When the apple is soft, add the maple syrup. Turn down heat and stir frequently while pork cooks.
Put pork in a nonstick pan and cook until browned and done.
Put the Pork on two plates. (I preheat the plates to keep the pork warm) and add the onion mixture to the pan you cooked the pork in. Stir the mixture around for a minute to pick up browning from the pork. Pu t one piece pork on a plate and add half of the onion mixture on top.

This does keep the second serving of port for the next day nicely. Just micrwave it to warm.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:41 PM

Here's a lean recipe: Sopa de Lima

This comes from way down in the Yucatan Peninsula. My DH and I had this for the very first time when we were traveling through Mexico on our delayed honeymoon. (Actually, it was a couple of years after we got married.) Anyway, we first had it in Mérida. We both loved the soup and he still talks about it after all these years. I decided to make it for him tonight. He's been kinda grumpy and needs some cheering up. Instead of writing it all down, you can read it here: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/247921/sopa-de-lima/