Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom >

I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom

I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom

Old 05-18-2022, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

I just remembered than my piece with the prongs got loose. I've been using the white one that's plastic and it works well but I need to replace the main one.
Old 05-19-2022, 06:47 AM

DH has a Kitchenaide that he loves and uses multiple times each week. He uses it for a lot of general kitchen prep, including making bread a couple of times each week and also uses the attachments to make sausage, puree veggies, make pasta, etc. It's never given him any trouble. No dimple in the bowl. It's also easy to clean up when you're done. The only drawbacks are: 1. It's large and takes up a fair amount of counter space- we keep ours out all the time since he uses it so frequently. 2. It's heavy- so putting it into and out of a cabinet can be challenging if you prefer not to keep it on the counter. This is also a good thing since that means that it doesn't walk across the counter even when doing something like kneading bread dough. 3. The size of the bowl means that if you are doing a small mixing task, you will probably want to use a hand held mixer instead.

It was pricey- but well worth it given the amount of time he spends in the kitchen and how well it's held up over the years.

Oh and there's not a dimple in the bottom of the bowl.

Rob
Old 05-19-2022, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

I have the large Kitchenaid stand mixer with bowl lift. It is wonderful.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:24 PM

The "dimple" just might be the bump at the bottom of the bowl. It is raised in the middle since that is how the paddle goes around the bowl.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_1868 - Copy_LI.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	916.3 KB
ID:	639415  
Old 05-21-2022, 09:57 PM

Good heavens, I've worn out 3 hand mixers and 3 stand mixers (Sunbeam) -and numerous sets of beaters for each. A few years ago I bought a smaller KitchenAid, sold it within two years to buy a larger KitchenAid. Wonderful machine that sits on the counter, covered, ready to mix up bread, pastry, cakes, cookies..... it does have a dimpled bowl and doesn't always get the bottom mixed in. Something my trusty Sunbeams had no problem with.
Yes, I did a lot of baking....
Old 05-27-2022, 08:27 AM

I don't use my kitchenaid a lot now, but I used to be a caterer, and used my big one (5 qt.) a lot. When I retired, it was sold with all the rest of the equipment. I bought one (4 1/2 qt.) at an estate sale for $75.00 with two bowls. It never lets me down.
bkay
Old 05-28-2022, 12:31 PM

I have a Sunbeam hand mixer that was a wedding gift from my aunt 49 years ago. It's still going strong. I also have a Sunbeam stand mixer that is older than dirt...and I'm so old I can't remember when I got it...about 40 years ago. Now that I'm older, I don't bake as much.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:25 AM

Default Stand Mixer

Originally Posted by margied View Post
I have a stand mixer (kenmore) that has a 'dimple' in the bottom. When I am trying to mix stuff a lot of it sits in the bottom untouched . I have lowered the head some but I am afraid to go much lower. I have to stop and lift the head and take the bowl out to get everything. I know i will always have to scrape the bowl down but this is silly. Or am I doomed to hand mixers forever! (forever isn't that long for me as I'm getting up there
I have a KitchenAid Mixer that I use for smaller mixing items and a Bosch mixer that is my workhorse. Both were a bit pricey, but they both do a great job. Have had my Bosch mixer for over 30 years and it is still going strong. If I had to make a single choice, I would buy the Bosch again over the KitchenAid because it is just that much better. Rarely have to scrape the bowl on the Bosch.