Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • hi from the thumb of michigan >
  • hi from the thumb of michigan

• hi from the thumb of michigan

Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Hi Marilyn, and a big warm welcome from Ann Arbor. I, too, lost a son (14). He was riding a bike and was hit by a car. It's been 20 years. The pain will never go away, but it just doesn't hurt so much as time goes by. We shouldn't outlive our children.

Quilting is a good stress reliever. You will find lots of good advice, help, ideas and make new friends on this board. This board is not only about quilting but also about friendships.
    Old 06-06-2010, 08:01 PM

Hi Marilyn, and a warm welcome from Ann Arbor. I, too, lost a son (14). He was riding a bike and was hit by a car. It's been 20 years. The pain will never go away, but it just doesn't hurt so much as time goes by. We shouldn't outlive our children.

Quilting is a good stress reliever and a wonderful way to be creative. You will find lots of good advice, help, support, encouragement, ideas and make new friends on this board. This board is not only about quilting but also about friendships. There are lots of {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} here if you ever need one.
    Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 AM
    Power Poster

Welcome from Oxford, Michigan.
    Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 AM

Welcome from Warren MI!
    Old 06-07-2010, 10:25 AM

thank you. Ireland huh? wow, is it as pretty as it sounds?
    Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Hi, so you know the pain too, thank you for your kind words. One of my good friends from my grief chat had a bad time yesterday, it was her son's birthday. I feel so bad for her. She's such a sweet gal.
    Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 AM

oh my goodness, oxford! I worked in Oxford, lived on the border off Indianlake road for 28 years. I'll bet you are the one that had quilts in the quilt show a couple of months ago. I know Fern Myers well, she's a peach! I hope to get as good as her someday. My daughter is very close to her. Fern's husband is my daughter's father-in-law. thanks for the welcome Lori
    Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 AM

thank you for the welcome. I see you have a yorkie, so do I.He's 8 years old and my 4th one. We go to Port Huron every once in awhile. We shop and then go to golden corral for dinner. We're about due to do it again, maybe once June is over with. Joanne's is one of my favorite places to shop. I see that Holly Hobby has nice material too. I've looked at it but never bought any. well, I must get going, thanks for the welcome. Marilyn, Kirksmom
    Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 AM

oh my goodness, you have had your share of losses, more than anyone should have to endure. that's so hard to take. If I were seeing you in person, I would have given you hugs. Maybe someday we will meet, maybe I'll become a good quilter by then. Hugs, Kirksmom, Marilyn
    Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 AM

hello Pam, Millington isn't that far from where we live. in fact, my brother is there every tuesday, he's a garbage man, we prefer " sanitation engineeer" to garbage man. Someday, I will suprise him and go meet him for lunch. We actually live in Grindstone City but it's so little that we get our mail from Port Austin. You like Kentucky? we have friends there, they are actually from Kentucky but lived here in Michigan . they worked for the auto industery. thanks for the welcome.