Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I need Help :o >
  • I need Help :o

• I need Help :o

Old 06-10-2010, 06:13 PM
    Banned

NO!! It should NOT be put on something as a cover up and get sat on. It needs to either be on a bed or on a wall. Go to Wally World and buy a throw to put over the rocker. :hunf: :hunf:
    Old 06-10-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    NO!! It should NOT be put on something as a cover up and get sat on. It needs to either be on a bed or on a wall. Go to Wally World and buy a throw to put over the rocker. :hunf: :hunf:
    What Gaigai said. ^^^
    Old 06-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    DITTO
    Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
    Power Poster

You sure you're not an Aussie artist in disguise Ray?....Only an Aussie would be cheeky enough to back a stunning art quilt with Tshirting and then toss the whole thing on a love seat!

It has been a real pleasure to follow the story of this quilt from beginning to end. The evolution of a dragon print and a stack of quite ordinary fabric into this masterpiece has been a treat for all of us. I think this art quilt journey is just beginning for you. Do I know anything about quilt appraisal...no...but I do think you need to get this appraised. Then, no matter what...get going on the next one...your work is good, which is important, but you have that certain extra something which if you take it further could be rewarding, both personally and financially.

Thanks again for inviting us to watch your progress and I know I'm looking forward to seeing your next project.
    Old 06-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Just some feedback on where it should go. I think entering it in quilt shows is good at first and then wherever you can appreciate it the most, sitting on it and wear and tear would depriciate it over time. I think spread out somewhere to it's full potential. Can't see it much on the rocker/loveseat but a wall or bed would be great. Some art galleries even have quilt art now and this is definitely that. Go for it!!!!
    Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 AM

Well I don't think I can add anything to what has already been said about the beauty of this piece of art. It is stunning.

Please, please, please don't use it as a seat cover, so much work and beauty deserves a place of honor where you can enjoy it for years.

Can't wait to see what you do with the koi.
    Muriel
    Old 06-16-2010, 05:17 AM

Ray, I'm sorry I'm so late responding. I just got back from a week of vacation - fishing at the coast and caught a boatload of flounder (yeah!). For once I'm speechless - over your quilt. I am totally amazed at your new found talent!!! Like so many others said, you need to enter your quilt in a show. The detail is stunning. Thanks for taking us on your first quilting adventure. We all look forward to many more equally beautiful quilts from you.
    Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 AM

Send it to me.... :lol: Love it...don't know what pattern is best suited for it. Let us know what you do with it though!
    Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 AM

ooops didn't see finished quilt. How awesome, very lovely!
    Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM

Just read your Fish Tail in Fabric Thread and had to see your 1st quilt. They are both Beautiful!