Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • My dog is peeing on my bed! >
  • My dog is peeing on my bed!

• My dog is peeing on my bed!

Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM

I would close the door ! My son's dog poops on the floor (carpets only) anytime he is left out of his playpen area.
    Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 PM
    Dee

Jealous and pup thinks other dog is taking his place with you. Close the door and spend a little more one on one time with him. He then might know you love him as you used to, without sharing that special time with him. I had a pup like this long ago and this is what I did and it worked. Because he felt there was no threat or love lost with him.
    Old 10-29-2010, 08:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your trouble. I'm glad you have your quilting family to turn to, and I hope you c,an resolve it soon. We had a sweet baby that had dripping problem since she was near adulthood. Medicine with a few increases in dosage helped her out.

Our dogs are our babies too. We're on our 4th Dobie -- the third rescue. Whether they like it or not, they're ours for life!
    Old 10-29-2010, 08:16 PM

We have a chichuahua mix t hat learned to do his buisness on people bed pads placed where he can find them. Easy to keep picked up and disposed of. He had some problems when we first got him 3 mos. ago. At first we took him out even at 3 in the morning, but he knows to "go potty" He sleeps on the big be with me and even gets up in the night and hurries back to bed. Of course he had a few accidents.
    Old 10-29-2010, 08:21 PM

What did the Vet have to say?
    Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
    nope i don't scold the dog, even when potty training..it was all positive reinforcement..! i just got through helping potty train the grandson..same thing..it was the grandma doing the potty dance! lol
    Does your dog watch you clean the mess? Many times this is why potty training takes longer than it should. When cleaning up a potty mess, lock the dog outside, in a bathroom or anywhere they cannot see you cleaning the carpet (or stripping the bedsheets in this case). If they see you spending lots of time with their potty then they tend to do more of the inappropriate behavior "hey, mom must really like the present I left her, look at all the time she is spending on it". Okay, so maybe dogs don't really have thoughts like that in their mind, but the results reflect that they do take notice.
    Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Angelmerritt
    Originally Posted by watterstide
    nope i don't scold the dog, even when potty training..it was all positive reinforcement..! i just got through helping potty train the grandson..same thing..it was the grandma doing the potty dance! lol
    Does your dog watch you clean the mess? Many times this is why potty training takes longer than it should. When cleaning up a potty mess, lock the dog outside, in a bathroom or anywhere they cannot see you cleaning the carpet (or stripping the bedsheets in this case). If they see you spending lots of time with their potty then they tend to do more of the inappropriate behavior "hey, mom must really like the present I left her, look at all the time she is spending on it". Okay, so maybe dogs don't really have thoughts like that in their mind, but the results reflect that they do take notice.
    So true.
    Old 10-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Sounds to me that there's a problem with the bullying dog. Does she lay on your bed? He may be marking it. My daughter tells me that her dog pees at her dad's house because he has a female.
    Old 10-30-2010, 06:53 PM

I keep a baby gate handy. I put it across the door of the room I want to keep the dog in, usually the bathroom. I put down papers and potty pads and have no more accidents to clean up.
    Old 10-31-2010, 07:24 PM

My daughters dog started "claiming" the kids bed when they got another, bigger dog. You said the other dog is a bully. Is it allowed in your room? Not a fix, but I'd keep the door closed to the bedroom and keep both dogs out of there.