Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >
  • WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

• WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
    jme

I quit for the evening but I made a lot of progress today. Maybe I'll figure out how to up-load a picture tomorrow.
    Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by jme
    I quit for the evening but I made a lot of progress today. Maybe I'll figure out how to up-load a picture tomorrow.
    jme, that's wonderful! I didn't make much progress on Saturday. i did get a dry erase board to use for listing the projects. I did pull out the next quilt and decided on the quilting patterns for the last 3 blocks to quilt. But work gets in the way....I had to work half of the day. I'm headed to quilt some now, but will have to work again today.
    Post your pics! Love to see and celebrate with you!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 01-02-2011, 06:42 PM

There was at least 1 person on this thread that had wondered about orphaned blocks.

I just read an article in McCall's Quilting, Vol Jan/Feb 2011 on page 72, entitled Completing Orphan Quilt Projects. It's several pages long with great ideas and several quilt projects to make with your orphaned blocks!

I hope everyone's busy quilting!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM
    jme

this is my finished top, any ideas on a backing fabric?
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-152323.jpe
Views:	155
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	152328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-152324.jpe
Views:	154
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	152329  
    Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM

JME - great looking top! I think you're open to any color on the back - ranging from some type of blue print to a light creme color... and maybe even the pick to carry on the border.

Nice job!

I completed another top today! WOOHOO - At this rate I should have 365 tops made this year - right? :)
    Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM

jme, absolutely fabulous! I love the color play and the design!You did a great job! I think you could do any one of the colors for a backing, I'm fond of the lighter blue or pink perhaps, or the cream floral print....any would make a great backing!
    A high 5 for you!!!

I've got Le Jardin's blocks marked for FMQ, whew...I'll tackle that tomorrow night.

You've accomplished much!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 01-02-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    JME - great looking top! I think you're open to any color on the back - ranging from some type of blue print to a light creme color... and maybe even the pick to carry on the border.

Nice job!

I completed another top today! WOOHOO - At this rate I should have 365 tops made this year - right? :)
    quiltinghere, you certainly have been quilting!!! Another top! Wow!!! Much to celebrate! post a picture whenever you can! You've got a system going and are cranking them out! Way to go! A high 5 for sure!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM

Big TIP!
    Example: Before I started on anything else, I had two pairs of pants I needed to hem for one of my veterans. I have had them in my possession for ten days or more, and have just kept putting it off. Finally! On Saturday, I came up with a plan. I had a couple of boxes I had to go through just to get to the pants, finding a place for everything ... which I did.
    Sunday morning, I knew I could not face that man one more time without his pants in hand, task completed. So, I got them out and ....
    I had ALREADY hemmed them (about six months ago!) He had never even tried them on, and here he was bringing me two more pairs - - of course, when I apologized for making him wait so long for something that didn't need to be done in the first place - - he informed me that he must have grabbed the wrong pants. Oh, well - - I will be at the Post all day tomorrow, so he will bring them in in the morning and I will have them done the same day.
    The TIP???
    That job you have been procrastinating in - - every day you put off actually doing it, the job will grow in your mind until you are paralyzed, angry at yourself, and more reluctant to pick it up.
    This has happened to me numerous times, and one would think I would learn! Perhaps by sharing my BIG TIP - - I will have saved someone else from their overactive imaginations and convince myself that I need to practice what I preach <g> <wave> I am now going to do a bit of organizing on my peg board and cut some triangles for my Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt ... the rest of the day I will be working the coupon program, and when that is done, I will begin sewing part 4 or 5 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt (and, try to figure out where I put the strip quilt kit and sashing for Workday at the Post tomorrow) ... hopefully, I have enough tasks lined out today to keep me busy until nightfall <wave>
    Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 AM

Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 32 of us brave souls:
    MaryAnna
    S D G
    Sadiemae
    Cyn
    Irishrose
    Patty Patches
    Sonisew
    Patti Sue
    Chigger Holler Quilter
    leatheflea
    Connie_1936
    Kyiav10
    Scissor Queen
    manyana
    Miss Purple Shoes
    JulieM
    michelehuston
    CKcowl
    Tolelady53
    Sewwhat85
    jaciqltzok
    quiltinghere
    kima
    sueisallaboutquilts
    Shawnemily
    midwestqltr
    omak
    jme
    Pdlink
    LoveBug
    Kateyb
    montanajan

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
    MaryAnna
    Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 AM

The previous post will look better when MaryAnna gets here to add another name - - we are practicing on how to post the list without having a bunch of quotes within quotes. <wave>