Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • my sweatshirt jacket ! >
  • my sweatshirt jacket !

• my sweatshirt jacket !

Old 01-08-2011, 11:10 AM

This is a lovely jacket, I can see why anyone would want one too.
    Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 AM

I love it. What pattern did you use.
    Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Boy, these sweat shirt jackets are really, really nice.. I have wanted to do one but I have not gotten serious enough to really start one. Probably could start about spring time...
    Old 01-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Georgia Peach-- those are gorgeous jackets! You are giving me some ideas for my next one. You know, I almost put a pocket inside, but at the last minute, didn't. I even made the pocket out of leftover strips.

To the person asking about 'honeybuns'... Moda fabrics makes precuts with bakery names. The Honeybun is a roll of 40 1.5" strips. (a jellyroll is 2.5" strips.) My jacket took 2 honeybuns.

I really appreciate all the positive comments. When I was making it, I couldn't decide if it was tacky or if I was really on to something, especially with the lining. I wore it last weekend to a friend's house, who said NOTHING! Not even when my husband made a 'leading' comment about it (which down here in the South means she didn't like it and was being polite...) I did get positive comments at work, which gave me confidence to post it here. So, I really appreciate all the nice things y'all have said!
    Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM

You did a great job.
    Old 01-08-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by KarylMc
    Georgia Peach-- those are gorgeous jackets! You are giving me some ideas for my next one. You know, I almost put a pocket inside, but at the last minute, didn't. I even made the pocket out of leftover strips.

To the person asking about 'honeybuns'... Moda fabrics makes precuts with bakery names. The Honeybun is a roll of 40 1.5" strips. (a jellyroll is 2.5" strips.) My jacket took 2 honeybuns.

I really appreciate all the positive comments. When I was making it, I couldn't decide if it was tacky or if I was really on to something, especially with the lining. I wore it last weekend to a friend's house, who said NOTHING! Not even when my husband made a 'leading' comment about it (which down here in the South means she didn't like it and was being polite...) I did get positive comments at work, which gave me confidence to post it here. So, I really appreciate all the nice things y'all have said!
    I have a friend who does that - she never makes any kind of comment about anything new until you specifically ask for a comment then she will say oh yeah its really nice, then she'll ask for the pattern and expect tons of compliments on hers = never giving you any credit. I just mark it up to jealousy. In fact it has become a joke between my husband and I taking bets if she'll say anything. I love her dearly but compliment giving isn't her thing I guess.

You can always rely on your friends here to give you tons of compliments.
    Old 01-08-2011, 12:38 PM

Very very pretty. Bet it's warm too! Great work!
    Old 01-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Beautiful!
    Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM

I washed the sweatshirt first before taking apart at all the seams. I left the neck band on until I had completed the flip & sew of the strips around the neck area so it would not stretch too much while I was working on it. One size was enough for me because the sweatshirt don't shrink too much.
    Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM

I washed the sweatshirt first before taking apart at all the seams. I left the neck band on until I had completed the flip & sew of the strips around the neck area so it would not stretch too much while I was working on it. One size was enough for me because the sweatshirt don't shrink too much.