Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • my back thanks you >
  • my back thanks you

• my back thanks you

Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 AM

Many thanks for the suggestions to help fibromyalgia sufferers. Some days are worse than others so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Happy quilting.
    Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 AM
    BMP

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    You can also get those rubber door stoppers and put them on the back side of your machine at each end so that the machine itself tilts forward a little. That has worked for me tremendously. I am glad you have found a solution. :)
    Thanks for the tip I saw some yesterday at the dollar store. I was going to purchase a lifter but if this works I can hold off. These would be easier to take to classes too.
    Old 01-11-2011, 07:36 AM

I also have FIBRO just as a lot of on this board! My machine sets in a cabinet so I can't use the risers, but I do have my ironing board across the room and make sure I get up and stretch periodically. I also got one of those lumbar supports from the Dollar Tree for my chair. I find that it helps me set up straighter so my back doesn't hurt as much.
    Old 01-11-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm happy that you found a solution that works for you! Anything that enables us to sew and quilt longer and more comfortably is a godsend.
    Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    I also have FIBRO just as a lot of on this board! My machine sets in a cabinet so I can't use the risers, but I do have my ironing board across the room and make sure I get up and stretch periodically. I also got one of those lumbar supports from the Dollar Tree for my chair. I find that it helps me set up straighter so my back doesn't hurt as much.
    there are so many of us that have fibro--does it come from quilting? It better not or else I'll never get cured! Even with the riser I can't sew for more than an hour, but then I go to my trusty recliner with a heating pad and work on my hand quilting that I do on my lap! We have to get creative to keep on doing what we love