Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 99% positive... >
  • 99% positive...

• 99% positive...

Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 PM

I would need a warehouse to store all my fabrics and a library for all my books.

Originally Posted by craftybear
    we would all live in a big community with our big sewing club house, wouldn't that be fun!

Originally Posted by bj
    Can you imagine a neighborhood with all of us in it! Talk about heaven on earth!
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 PM

love this board ; its a have to read everyday . Dottie Bug
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:12 PM

Love this board! We are all lucky to have each other! It is like a big neighborhood of quilters right in your own backyard via the internet!! Love ya ladies! Oops!! and guys!!!
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 PM

If it wasn't for this board I would have never attempted doing anything related to quilting. I know if I get stuck there will be more than one person to hold my hand and get me through it. I read so much information here that got me going with confidence. It's almost like taking lessons.

Love this Board and the people on it.
    Old 01-26-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    ... I have seen so many dang pretties and doies...

I have never ever seen such beautiful work and beautiful hearted folks. I have seen so much help being offered when questions are raised and have seen differences of opinions...which is why everyone's quilt looks different.

The tutorials have given me insight on the hows and whys and I really appreciate the time and energy folks have put into doing them.
    I have given this site's name to both our local quilt shops and even to a couple ladies in the sewing sections of Walmart, bragging like it was my own child.

Yes, I too love this board and I am never bored with it. Thanks for making me feel welcome :)
    Ditto to all that. I've only been here a few weeks, and I so enjoy the way many of you express yourselves, and this from moonwork is just one sweet example.

Don't know who was complaining about b$#ch fest, but if they mean that some people come here feeling secure enough with understanding friends and can therefore mention negative things along with positive, that's what I have noticed, and I don't call that a b$#ch fest. It does not seem like a bad thing at all for people to have a way to vent frustrations. I've seen several complain that their loved ones don't always seem to understand or appreciate the effort that goes into a quilt, for example, and it's a very good thing to know there are others who are sure to sympathize with that. Where else could they turn with that hurt, and why shouldn't they? Nobody is forcing anyone to read it.

I kind of think it would be possible to be selective in what topics you look at and mostly avoid the downside of anything, if that's what meets your needs. One thing this site has a whole lot of is VARIETY!
    Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I've been off the board for a week d/t an emergency and I've been in major withdrawal!!! I love you all :D:D:D
    We missed you! ;)
    Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 AM

Love your quilt. the one you have posted on message board. Did you design that quilt? wow one day I want be be like you.
    Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    My only complaint about this board is that you don't all live in my neighborhood! I want to drop by Ditter's for my morning joke, pop over to Amma's for a a new quilting tip, run past Clem's because her face makes me smile, go by Eddie's and Chirsmah's to watch enviously as they quilt everyone's projects, etc. etc.
    ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bonnie Yockey
    Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    My only complaint about this board is that you don't all live in my neighborhood! I want to drop by Ditter's for my morning joke, pop over to Amma's for a a new quilting tip, run past Clem's because her face makes me smile, go by Eddie's and Chirsmah's to watch enviously as they quilt everyone's projects, etc. etc.
    ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Living on a mountain in Mariposa, CA, it does get lonely, but since I found all of ya'll, I'm not lonely anymore, all I have to do is click on this email and I'm right in the mist of so many wonderful quilter friends that freely share theirs years of knowledge, give me lots of encouragement and fill my days with laughter. I really appreciate everyone on this site, God Bless all of you!
    Old 01-27-2011, 01:55 PM

yes I love it too. and have learnt a lot