Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >
  • MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

• MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 03-12-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
    I finally received my second February block from quiltjoey, by no fault of her own the block finally got here a month later, LOL. My substitute mail lady does not know how to read my address on the mail box and sent the block back once, then JoAnn sent it again and the block got mailed to another address because the sub mail lady wrote on the package, countryside not Countryland, and I am Countryland, finally regular mail man got his car fixed and caught my package and delivered it to me! Yay, and it is perfect. I would of got a picture up sooner but my morning sickness is morning noon and night. LOL
    Wow that is a great block. Gives me some ideas about what I will do for you this month since you are my swap buddy. Wish me luck.
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Today I got a beautiful bee block from my February partner, mcb1180. Thank you for it. I'm also posting the block I sent to her for her theme of green, brown, and cream.

Block from mcb1180
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]128683[/ATTACH]

Feb block I sent to mcb1180
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]129147[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-128678.jpe
Views:	21
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	128683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-129142.jpe
Views:	22
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	129147  
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:24 PM

wahhooo!!

my goal for the weekend was to get all the tshirts for the first graduation quilt cut, fused, and cut out.

I did that this afternoon! So I took the evening and got caught up on my swaps:

hsquiltingmom (march partner): i am not a floral gal, but i suprised myself with your block - it's cute!

lisalisa (extra swap): you said artist's choice - so I indulged myself in a pattern I've been wanting to try but had no real reason! SUPER adorable!

crafty3970 (extra swap): again with the florals, but I LOVE this block - I might have to make a quilt with this pattern!

paintmejudy (extra swap): this one combines two of my favorite things (add a turtle and it's all three...), and there's not a pastel color anywhere in sight - it should fit in better with your theme.

okay. whew. i'm all caught up. AND i've finally decided on a new theme (starting in April -- hopefully I'll be caught up with these graduation quilts/gifts by then)

ready....

my new theme is: HALLOWEEN!

:D :D

I can't wait to start on my turtle quilt (after graduation!) and to start getting halloween blocks in!!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 AM

I just got home from a week at my daughter's house to find this beautiful block in my mailbox on Saturday from my February swap partner, Quilting Pinjinsa. I think it's AWESOME! You can tell a lot of work went into it. I really appreciate your effort and the terrific results you achieved!
    Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 AM

Extra block from sistah debbra.Love it thank you.

sistah debbra
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]130722[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-130717.jpe
Views:	37
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	130722  
    Old 03-13-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
    I finally received my second February block from quiltjoey, by no fault of her own the block finally got here a month later, LOL. My substitute mail lady does not know how to read my address on the mail box and sent the block back once, then JoAnn sent it again and the block got mailed to another address because the sub mail lady wrote on the package, countryside not Countryland, and I am Countryland, finally regular mail man got his car fixed and caught my package and delivered it to me! Yay, and it is perfect. I would of got a picture up sooner but my morning sickness is morning noon and night. LOL
    I'm looking for tree patterns. Can you tell me where you got that tree psttern?
    I woult be forever grateful.

Thanks a bunch , Sue
    Old 03-13-2011, 06:20 AM

Sandy, I have not forgotten you, your block will go out this week. I actually went back to work two weeks after surgery instead of four and it was hard on me and was super tired after work every day, but Im feeling much better now so catching up.
    Old 03-13-2011, 07:05 AM

I couldn't get a picture to attach last time, but I am not one to give up easily. This is from Quilting Pinjinsa:

Three Tulips
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]151818[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-151813.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	151818  
    Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by jetnica
    wahhooo!!

my goal for the weekend was to get all the tshirts for the first graduation quilt cut, fused, and cut out.

I did that this afternoon! So I took the evening and got caught up on my swaps:

hsquiltingmom (march partner): i am not a floral gal, but i suprised myself with your block - it's cute!

lisalisa (extra swap): you said artist's choice - so I indulged myself in a pattern I've been wanting to try but had no real reason! SUPER adorable!

crafty3970 (extra swap): again with the florals, but I LOVE this block - I might have to make a quilt with this pattern!

paintmejudy (extra swap): this one combines two of my favorite things (add a turtle and it's all three...), and there's not a pastel color anywhere in sight - it should fit in better with your theme.

okay. whew. i'm all caught up. AND i've finally decided on a new theme (starting in April -- hopefully I'll be caught up with these graduation quilts/gifts by then)

ready....

my new theme is: HALLOWEEN!

I can't wait to start on my turtle quilt (after graduation!) and to start getting halloween blocks in!!

Lol..... thats my theme :)
    Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 AM

Bookworm,

I finally mailed your March block yesterday!