Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >
  • [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

• [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
    A few days ago I joined the Board and I found this thread. I bought the Dear Jane book a few weeks ago and have made 4 blocks so far. I donīt have the software so I have to copy all blocks. Iīm also making the Sylvia Bridal Sampler, 40 blocks finished.
    Welcome to the thread Anael - two quilts on the go at once is a lot to take on, but why not if that's what turns you on. The software really only allows you to print out the patterns with the quarter inch allowance on them, and not all of the blocks work like that, so some adaptation has to go on.
    Old 03-23-2011, 07:33 AM

my software hasn't arrived yet, nor any of the material i ordered on line. truthfully, i am scared to death. sew--- yes, paperpiece--- yes, a tiny little bit of appique yes, curved lines---NEVER. but, i am going to haunt these threads, and just take it block by block, and week by week. perfectionist, i am not, but i sure don't want to be ashamed of my work. so, i surellly willl learn from you all at adapting patterns, etc. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH THAT HAVE DONE THIS, AND POSTED.
    Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks Lacelady :D
    I've read a lot about the Dear Jane here and am trying to figure out which blocks are not that hard. Even the ones looking quite easy are not that easy to sew without any directions. But I'm sure we all will get there!
    Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 AM

A few days ago I joined the Board and I found this thread. I bought the Dear Jane book a few weeks ago and have made 4 blocks so far. I donīt have the software so I have to copy all blocks. Iīm also making the Sylvia Bridal Sampler, 40 blocks finished.
    Hi Anael! I bought the software for the Jane quilt, but having finally got the last block of "Stupid Sylvia" finished I can't face another sampler just yet. I'm very impressed that you're doing both!
    Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Thanks Lacelady :D
    I've read a lot about the Dear Jane here and am trying to figure out which blocks are not that hard. Even the ones looking quite easy are not that easy to sew without any directions. But I'm sure we all will get there!
    If you look on page 1 of this thread you will see a download for "Difficulty level" Check it out it tells you the easy ones and the ones that are shall we say, very trying.. LOL

Elle
    Old 03-23-2011, 04:34 PM

Welcome Anael, I'm sure you'll love the DJ experience. I only started mine in Jan this year .... which reminds me I need to post week 11 pics, will have to do that tonight.

Sounds like another couple of people are just starting too...Yay the more the merrier and the more help LOL
    Old 03-23-2011, 07:54 PM

charging my camera. received the software today, had some CW material. did 3 easy ones and l hard one --the criss crossy one from week l. it was okay. yes, us ole ladies need to work the lessons a little in software so we can get around the dj program.
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM

Thanks all :D

Bev, when you're ready to post week 11 pics you've done quite some blocks already! I like your avatar, great colors!
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    If you look on page 1 of this thread you will see a download for "Difficulty level" Check it out it tells you the easy ones and the ones that are shall we say, very trying.. LOL

Elle
    Thanks, I printed the list. I was hoping the block party would start with the easy ones but I guess not unless for me even the easy ones are trying :D I looked at some blocks and don't have a clue where to start.
    Oh well, I will learn a lot from these blocks. I started quilting only about 8 months ago so I'm very new at all this.
    Old 03-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Anael you are very brave to tackle this. Its not the easiest for a beginner. But just keeping checking on the pages for each wekk and there are usually tips for doing the blocks. To be honest when I couldnīt get them to go together I appliqued those ones, there are some really doo lallies there.

If all else fails PM one of us we are all eager to help you along the way.

Elle