• VSMS Retreat???

Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by wolph33
    Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Billy I love this idea!!
    But I have no idea where Bikini Bottom is ~!!~ lol

Keep me posted!
    lol spongebob lives there
    I knew i had heard of that place before! My DGDs had a sponge bob computer game they played here.
    Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 PM

It be fun, *pouts* too bad i'm 6mo pregnant and have a service dog, getting down there from NY would be a bit more of an issue with the TSA than I'm up to this year. Maybe, next year, the kid can start quilting REALLY early.

As for ideas, how about decal application and removal (when restoring), and I know I'd find a demo on adjusting some of the vintage machines *properly* for different tasks, like free motion quilting vs. paper piece, very useful (I read the manual and make it up as I go).

Wait, did this ever get set up?

Thanks
    Cheryl
    Old 05-11-2011, 07:25 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by ctub0126
    It be fun, *pouts* too bad i'm 6mo pregnant and have a service dog, getting down there from NY would be a bit more of an issue with the TSA than I'm up to this year. Maybe, next year, the kid can start quilting REALLY early.

As for ideas, how about decal application and removal (when restoring), and I know I'd find a demo on adjusting some of the vintage machines *properly* for different tasks, like free motion quilting vs. paper piece, very useful (I read the manual and make it up as I go).

Wait, did this ever get set up?

Thanks
    Cheryl
    I am still working on it but we have been having some weather and flooding issues around here. But I will try and to have something up in the next couple of weeks!

Billy
    Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh if this really catches on the yes it will be in a different region every year so we can give everyone a chance to get together and have some fun. I will have my sedan delivery so I am a mobile sewing shop essentially!!

And yes I will be at everyone of them!!!

Billy
    Billy, my DH is frothing at the mouth to know which Sedan Delivery you have!!! He is a HUGE fan!!! The Mother's '59 is his very favorite all time oldie car!!
    Old 05-11-2011, 10:54 PM

Count me in if it's close to Hot Spring Village and maybe I'll drive my little restored 66 Mustang!
    Old 05-12-2011, 07:06 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by jljack
    Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh if this really catches on the yes it will be in a different region every year so we can give everyone a chance to get together and have some fun. I will have my sedan delivery so I am a mobile sewing shop essentially!!

And yes I will be at everyone of them!!!

Billy
    Billy, my DH is frothing at the mouth to know which Sedan Delivery you have!!! He is a HUGE fan!!! The Mother's '59 is his very favorite all time oldie car!!
    Its a 1939 Chevy Sedan Delivery but the only thing I do not like about it is the fact that it has a 454 in it. Might as well pour gas straight into the motor, but the guy did say it got 18mpg so that isnt to bad.

Billy
    Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 PM

i love this web site keep me informed
    Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 PM

If timing fits I'd love to come!
    Old 06-04-2011, 06:09 PM
    Banned

I am going to have to work on the details of the get together now that things are starting to go my way again. Hopefully I can have something solid pretty soon.

Billy
    Old 06-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Billy, if we're back from our summer trip we'd love to come...and camping would be fine! At some of the VW get togethers they do engine build things, engine burn things (those magnesium motors do flare), loudest engine, etc.

I found out that local quilting shops here in Atlanta were truly generous about providing things for door prizes and gifts. They supplied enough stuff that each of 15 attendees were able to take home 2 or 3 really nice things...some were bundles of fabric, fat quarters, patterns, etc. We made matching fabric squares and had everyone pick one up as they signed in and got name tags, then drew the squares out of a bag. The only hitch was that as we had brought sq for 2 times as many as showed up, we didn't take the time the first time thru to pull out the non chosen sq. If I had it to do over, I would have a bag or basket and have them take the 2 sq, one to keep for the drawing and put one in the bag to use for the drawing.

Another way we really like to raffle stuff is called a bucket raffle. You get to put your tickets in a bucket in front of the things for raffle. If it's something really nice a lot of folks will put all their tickets in one bucket.