Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • iPad and Quilting >
  • iPad and Quilting

• iPad and Quilting

Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Sounds like something I need! I am adding and Ipad2 to my Amazon wish list!
    Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 AM

Yes - they do different things, and some of the same things.
    I use EQ7, 4D Embroidery Software, and I hook my sewing machine to my laptop. Those things I cannot do with the iPad 2. I can download all my quilting/sewing patterns to my laptop, and use it to view them. I don't carry my laptop with me everywhere I go, though. I do carry my iPad2 with me all the time. I never leave home without it. I can access my email, my contacts, shopping lists and all my quilting/sewing patterns from anywhere, if I have my iPad2.My iPad 2 is 3G and wireless. It is so handy to be at the grocery store and have your list with you (on the iPad2) or to be at the fabric store and see some fabric that "you have to have" and have my patterns with me so I can look to see what pattern I want to do with that "have to have fabric" and then know exactly how much fabric I need to buy. I got my first iPad for my birthday, from my daughter and son-in-law. She said her husband bought the gift and she was afraid maybe I wouldn't use it. Little did she know!!! I use it every single day, many times each day.
    There are some very good ideas for other uses in this discussion. Be sure and read them all.
    Originally Posted by peggy463
    I have an ipad2 how can I use it for quilting? I am confused. I also have a laptop. Do they do different things?
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM

This is meant for somone earlier in the post that was having problems using their iPad: Are you perchance near an Apple Store? They do in-store training in my area

Last edited by lynnegreen; 11-07-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: I left out some info that makes the post make sense
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM

My sweet hubby gave me one for Christmas last year. I didn't even know I wanted/needed one! I love it. I can sit in the TV room in the evenings with him but still play games or email of surf the net. Love it. (and the minute I put it down, he picks it up - hmmmm)
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM

I finally figured out how to post pics directly to the forum by getting the PHOTOBUCKET app and it gives you choices of thumbnails and full size pics. Easy peasy.
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 AM

. Yeah directly from ipad!!!!

I take screenshots of projects that I want to try....lol sometimes sleep with it as I fall asleep reading. Yup it goes everywhere with me. I don't have the 3G version and only have the 1st generation one but love love love it.
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM

Wow, Julia, am I ever glad you started this topic. This past week I have been trying to decide if I 'need' an iPad2. Well, of course, I don't need it but wasn't sure I would have enough uses to justify the $$$$. Thank you everyone for all you have shared. Now... to find the best price!
    Old 11-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Curious about the storage size.... iPad2 offers 3 different storage and one w/wifi or w/wifi & 3G... any input on those features? I'm hope'n to get one for birthday/anniversary/xmas gift
    Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the info about the quilting apps. I'm off to find the Quilt Calc app and some quilting books/mags. I take my iPad everywhere with me. Love it for reading , playing games, finding businesses while out and find it's easier to check my numerous mail sites because the iPad consolidates them all into one place...so convenient! :-))
    Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 AM

I WANT one!!!! Actually, after reading all these posts about what can be done with them, I believe I should have said - I NEED one :-)