Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter >
  • Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter

• Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter

Old 11-21-2011, 02:47 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Those are gorgeous. Mine are in the mail.
    Old 11-22-2011, 04:47 AM
    Power Poster

They are very pretty. I think the variety of flakes will be a really nice. Like in real life each is unique.

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    I am done with my snowflakes! I wanted a real light, ethereal look, so I chose Fairy Frost blues and white. I hope it is
    not too bland.... I did applique it with metallic silver thread to sparkle it up a bit.

I hope to get these in the mail today or tomorrow!
    Old 11-22-2011, 05:12 AM

Wow! Wow! Wow!
    Old 11-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Default Ponsettias Blocks

Deb, i'm so sorry to have to drop out at this late date,but i am havin to move 7 hours away and to add to that , am having to cut my belonging down by half... i so wanted to be in this swap, maybe next time.....molly sewnmom or mlgrami
    Old 11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
    Power Poster

Mine went out today.
    Old 11-22-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by mlgrami
    Deb, i'm so sorry to have to drop out at this late date,but i am havin to move 7 hours away and to add to that , am having to cut my belonging down by half... i so wanted to be in this swap, maybe next time.....molly sewnmom or mlgrami
    Yikes, another one bites the dust as life gets in the way of life.
    Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 22, 2011, 11:23 pm, ROCHESTER, NY. Gotta LOVE Delivery Confirmation Tracking. I'm just excited for Deb to received mine. I'd never make a good hostess!!
    Old 11-23-2011, 08:20 PM

Please take note of this posting.....I have had to make a plea from the Board members for 6 additional participants for this swap to be successful. I started to cut out some block sets myself, and realized that there is just no way that I would be able to make 6 sets. I ask you to accept my shortcomings on this and please understand that in hopes of getting the necessary blocks, I am extending an invitation and deadline for blocks to be due Dec 10. I apologize if some of you were anticipating using the blocks for Christmas gifts....there just isn't any way for me to make this a successful swap otherwise. Many of you are already doing additional block sets, and I appreciate that and will not even consider having you do additional ones. The holidays are coming fast (one is almost here!) and we have lives that we need to enjoy and families that SHOULD take priority instead of our quiliting (GASP)....as for many of us, quilting is our sanity and salvation! I ask that you please understand this extension in hopes of making this swap a nice one.
    Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Please take note of this posting.....I have had to make a plea from the Board members for 6 additional participants for this swap to be successful. I started to cut out some block sets myself, and realized that there is just no way that I would be able to make 6 sets. I ask you to accept my shortcomings on this and please understand that in hopes of getting the necessary blocks, I am extending an invitation and deadline for blocks to be due Dec 10. I apologize if some of you were anticipating using the blocks for Christmas gifts....there just isn't any way for me to make this a successful swap otherwise. Many of you are already doing additional block sets, and I appreciate that and will not even consider having you do additional ones. The holidays are coming fast (one is almost here!) and we have lives that we need to enjoy and families that SHOULD take priority instead of our quiliting (GASP)....as for many of us, quilting is our sanity and salvation! I ask that you please understand this extension in hopes of making this swap a nice one.
    Deb,

I completely understand! You have done an outstanding job in all the Dresden plate swaps, and I have no doubts that this one will be have a happy ending as well. I wish I could make an extra set, but I am afraid I won't have the time. Anyway, I hope others will step forward and help us out.
    Old 11-24-2011, 06:48 AM
    Power Poster

Deb- you know I go along with anything you suggest. We all know you do everything with in reason to make your swaps, fun and successful and some things are beyond your control. Don't fret as I stated before I collect the blocks with no set plans yet ( I finally do have one Calender Sue sewn together LOL) I wish I had time to do another set even with more time- I just don't think it is possible

Deb go and have a Happy Thanksgiving - the rest will fall into place