Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mission: Organization
  • SURVEY for COMIC BOARD users >
  • SURVEY for COMIC BOARD users

• SURVEY for COMIC BOARD users

Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 AM

Never heard of such a thing. LOL, I don't read or follow comic books but just ordered some. Boy, will the hubby be surprised when they get here!! Thanks for the tip.
    Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 AM

This is being a very interesting thread. I have been thinking about getting the comic book boards so I am finding this information very useful!
    Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 AM

I have to start shopping my stash-I have used 9 packs of the comic book boards and love them. I use one board and have wrapped up to 5 yards of fabric. On less than a half yard I fold and place in shoe box size plastic boxes.
    Old 02-19-2012, 10:58 AM

I have never used comic book boards...and have no idea what they are, where you get them, etc. Could someone post some pictures of their use so I can decide if they are something I could use in my renovation of sewing area?
    Old 02-19-2012, 12:39 PM

Thanks for asking my question. I have no idea what comic boards are. I just read the entire thread to see if someone elaborated on them. I'm going to go on Amazon and see if I can figure it out.
    Old 02-19-2012, 12:46 PM

Well I just checked with amazon.com. They are very reasonable. I'm still not sure what they are, but they appear to be acid free. I'm going to order. Thanks for the idea.
    Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM

I have gone through two packs of 100 each. They are totally acid free, both sides. I love how my fabric looks and so easy to pull one out and slide it back in again.
    Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM

I have a lot of my fabric stored on the boards that fabric is sold on at the LQS and Joanns. I get them free at Joann's and cut into 4 equal size boards. Have folded quite a few yards on each one and they seem to hold up just fine and the best part is they are FREE. Instead of the ladies having to take them to the dumpster I take what they have. If fabric is good enough to be wrapped and shipped on that it should be good enough for me to store my fabric on without spending more money on acid free boards that can be spent on more fabric.
    Old 02-19-2012, 02:40 PM

Thumbs up

I just put all my fabric on the comic book boards. 1 yard or more on a full board, less that 1 yard - I use 1/2 board. I love it! Everything looks so much neater and I can actually find what I'm looking for.
    Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
    I have a lot of my fabric stored on the boards that fabric is sold on at the LQS and Joanns. I get them free at Joann's and cut into 4 equal size boards. Have folded quite a few yards on each one and they seem to hold up just fine and the best part is they are FREE. Instead of the ladies having to take them to the dumpster I take what they have. If fabric is good enough to be wrapped and shipped on that it should be good enough for me to store my fabric on without spending more money on acid free boards that can be spent on more fabric.
    The stores don't have to worry about the cardboard not being acid-free, because the fabric is not on them for long enough to be a problem. they sell it before the fabric can be affected! I haaven't heard how long it takes for that cardboard to damage fabric - but I'm not taking any chances - I have too much invested in my stash!