Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Machine Embroidery
  • Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >
  • Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

• Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by laura59
    I have the Janome MC9000, Brother Innovis 500D, Brother ULT2003D, and the PR600II. I do lots of digitizing. Right now I am making designs to put on toilet paper.
    TOO CUTE! but how the heck did you do that on a roll of toilet paper?????????
    Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 PM

quilty-louise,
    I always have a problem especially with towels to align the marks. I'm going to google this and see what I come up with. I'll let you know, thanks for the fyi!
    Old 02-24-2012, 01:38 PM

TOO CUTE! but how the heck did you do that on a roll of toilet paper?????????

You have to unroll quite a bit, stitch it out, then roll it back up again.
    Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM

Hi i just found this thread. I have 2 em one in nz and one in aus as i spend 6 months in each country. They are both Janome 350 e s and i got them so i could learn the processes. I am loving it. I want to learn how to digitize and I wonder if anyone could let me know about digitizing programs etc.
    Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by LisaR
    Hi i just found this thread. I have 2 em one in nz and one in aus as i spend 6 months in each country. They are both Janome 350 e s and i got them so i could learn the processes. I am loving it. I want to learn how to digitize and I wonder if anyone could let me know about digitizing programs etc.
    I have several friends who have the Floriani digitizing program and they love it. It is pricey ($2300), but many of times they run specials ($1400.00) when they do presentations. Our local sewing machine store brings Floriani in a couple of times a year for a workshop on their stablizers and then we get the special pricing.
    Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 PM

PamQuilts,

I know this is a late comment to your posting from Jan 3rd about not knowing how to do embroidery on your machine. Which machine do you have? I also have a Viking. Maybe I could help you
    Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Default I went from home machines to commercial ones

I started out with a BabyLock when the only sewing field in the industry you could buy was a 4x4. Then I went to a Brother 8200, upgraded to an 8500 and then bought a 15 needle SWF embroidery machine 10 years ago. I'm on my second SWF machine and I love it! I've digitized with Brother software, Compucon and now use Sierra Expert software. I make gifts for family and now I'm starting to add embroidery designs to quilts I make.
    Old 02-25-2012, 03:45 PM

I started out with a Bernina Deco that Hubby surprised me with for Christmas several years ago and i had No ideal about computors or software but I learned quick,I now own a Singer Furta and a Brother PE 780D.I still have Bernina Deco that sews a 4x4 field along with the Amazing Box rewritable cards (3) that I no longer use and have been thinking about advertizing for sale as I have not used either for at least 3 years and just taking up space.But I have learned (self taught ) a lot about machine embroidery and if any one has a question would be glad to help if I can.I usely do most emb. for Christmas gifts,last year I made 13 emb. fleece blankets for the kids in our family gift exchange along with mitten pockets which I stuffed with dollar type iteams.They are still well loved.I have made FSL cross bookmarks for bible study,Old Mc Donald finger puppets,and am now working on a little girls play purse that has LOTS of fun stuff in it.
    Well I think that I've made this long enough but once again if I can help let me know and I also know of some great web sites for reasonable priced designs.
    Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by laura59
    I have the Janome MC9000, Brother Innovis 500D, Brother ULT2003D, and the PR600II. I do lots of digitizing. Right now I am making designs to put on toilet paper.
    Too funny!
    Old 02-25-2012, 04:05 PM

I have a Viking Designer. Sold my Brother. All it ever did was break the thread.