Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Another dog for a dogless woman >
  • Another dog for a dogless woman

• Another dog for a dogless woman

Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Thank God for loving people like you!
    Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Good for you! I felt the same when we lost our beloved Shelti but at 72 deceided I wanted another dog. We now have our 8 pound Peke-A-Poo and love her to pieces.
    Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM

I am so glad for you. After my previous Saint passed I thought I could never go through another heart as broken as mine was... But as the weeks went on the house was just way too silent. I guess I never realized how much I even talked to my dog till he was gone.
    I found a rescue and so glad I did we are both sooo happy together.... I am sure there is much happiness coming your way with your new buddy.
    Old 03-12-2012, 02:11 PM
    Power Poster

Congrats. Some days pets make life worth living..... like when you get tons of lemons and find out there is no sweetener to be found....then the swet pet saves the day.
    Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM

glad you are getting another dog-I can not imagine being without one.
    Old 03-12-2012, 03:07 PM

I am going to meet two girls tomorrow. I am going with a smaller dog this time. Always had big dogs in the past but due to getting older I thought that smaller might be better for me. This dog is a ruscue dog. There are so many of them that need love. I also have two cats.
    Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Wonderful animal stories. Marilyn, I wish you and Merlyn many happy, healthy years together. The dog in my avatar is my dog, Stitches. I had just lost my Olde English Sheepdog Maggie, when the vet's wife asked if I'd be interested in Stitches who was 1 1/2 at the time. Long story short, we were made for each other. He came fully vaccinated, neutered, housebroken and with impeccable manners. Even his name was perfect because of my quilting and that fact that he mended my very broken heart. I have been so rewarded and blessed. Stitches is 17 1/2 and still doing well with a lot of assistance from my husband and I. There is nothing on earth like the unconditional love from a pet.
    Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing this happy news. I hope you'll post a picture of your new furry pal soon.
    Old 03-13-2012, 07:35 AM
    nms

I'm sooo happy you will have another companion!! I can't stand to be without a canine companion either!! My neighbors still remember me 9 mos. preg.-big as a house- running after my wee cocker pup after we lost our first beloved cocker. Hubby wanted to wait till after the baby. I said 'no way' and so I raised the 2 babies together ) Wouldn't have had it any other way!!
    Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 AM

When I lost my doxie, Heidi, last year (she was almost 15), I promised my husband I wouldn't get another dog. It hurt so bad and I was in major depression for months. Finally, DH said to get another dog because he was missing having a pet in the house too. He didn't know I had doxie rescues all waiting to hear from me when I was ready. The group I worked with found the perfect little guy, Chip. He's 3 years old, as housebroken as a doxie can be (doxie owners know what I mean LOL), but DH and my friends couldn't believe the difference in me once he came into our lives. So, I'm with you -- I can't be dogless either. Enjoy your new buddy!!!