Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >
  • UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

• UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 03-19-2012, 02:41 PM

That tablerunner is cool. Love it. Great job on getting them done. So glad they beat the new deadline that was set for them. (LOL)

Judith1005, thanks for the well wishes. I am still dealing with them and now the left arm is numb, cramps in left leg, and the surgery foot from last August is acting up, but my will power is still pushing thru. i am so close to reaching my goal for this month that I just can't give up. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, just wait and see. I still have 12 more days to reach the 10. If all my bindings get done that I have quilted, I will be doing excellent. I have two completed, will post photos when i get camera and computer together. The two keep running in different directions ya know, how do they get legs?
    Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Oh my goodness, my group would think me sane compared to your small pieces Mary. So pretty and thanks for sharing with us.
    Hey Sherry, love the avatar.
    Thanks QuilterMomma - that little guy with me is my grandson, that was the first time I got to hold him and he probably weighed about 2 pounds 8 ounces in that pic. He weighed 1 pound 4 ounces when he was born so he looked pretty big to us in that photo. He is over 10 pounds now and is almost 8 months old (5 months from his due date) and doing GREAT! I really should change my picture, but it is one of my favorites.
    Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM

I would not change it unless you get to have a new one. that is a special little guy.
    Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
    Power Poster

Great finishes folks!
    quiltmore--the rectangular block pink and gray is intriguing; great color combo in the brown and blue.
    Mary-your Irish chain's just wonderful-I've been waiting to see it done.
    everose--your pastel table runner is so springlike and right on target for the season.
    Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 PM

Everose, I would love to see your table runner laid out on a table. It is really cool with the touch of rickrack.
    Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM

Hey Ya'll I'm back. I was only home from my retreat 2 days when my DMIL went to the hospital. She's home now & boy am I glad!
    At the retreat I did get my DGSon's Solar System Quilt quilted, but there are about 10 little spots that have eyelashes. I've got to fix those small spots. This week I'm working om my Pony Club blocks & next week I'll do these little repairs & bind it to finish my first UFO for this year! I will finish it...I will finish it...I will finish it!!!
    I have looked back to see what Ya'll have been doing while I was out of pocket. WOW! A bunch of great finishes!
    Awesome! I can't wait to add mine.
    Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM

Hello ckcowl, A little off subject. I am a new kid on the block and felt a twinge of sisterhood when I saw your location, the number of posts - impressive - and a 100% feedback score. So I feel safe in asking you (and all the other quilters out there) I understand location and posts, but how does the feedback score work? Bless this day and all quilters!
    Old 03-21-2012, 06:24 PM

When you buy or trade her on the board people you trade or buy from can leave a feedback score for you. It's at your profile section. For example, I was involved with the doll quilt swap and my partner and I left a feedback score for each other. You can view these in my profile section if you want to see the examples of what people say. It gives you a good reputation when you complete your obligations in a timely fashion.

But, there are a lot of people who do leave feedback scores and there are a lot of people who don't.
    Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 AM

Just checking in while I'm away in Ohio. Having a great time with the grandkids but I did manage to break a bone in my right foot when I kicked the table leg while carrying a load of laundry that blocked my view of where my feet were going. Fortunately, I think I will still be able to sew with the hard shoe on to protect the broken area. Lol, I have so much luck!
    Keep up the good work, great sewing all.
    Hugs and smiles
    Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 PM

oh Wildyard, that sounds like something I would do. I am a HUGHE klutz. It's down right embarrising. lol Good luck with the foot. I wish you a speedy recovery.